Translate

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Kutchwork Embroidery - Basic Motifs


The Single Diamond -  is the simplest motif used in Kutchwork.



The next motif is the Maltese Cross...



followed by the interlacing stitch in a shade of pink.  The motif in red is a combination of 2 lines of interlacing joined together by a Maltese Cross.




The Picture below is a combination of 4 Maltese Cross motifs joining to form a single more intricate and interesting motif.




The design possibilities using these simple motifs are limitless.
The picture below is one such combination of the 4 motifs PLUS a mirror in the center. I could get in only 3/4 th of the embroidered piece as I scanned the embroidery directly instead of photographing it. I am sure you can imagine what the full piece would look like.



Kutchwork – An Introduction
Lesson I Part I
Lesson I Part II
Lesson II Part I
Lesson II Part II
Lesson III
Lesson IV

No comments: